Sunday 11 December 2011

Easy A (2010)


This is a comedy film directed by Will Gluck. The film is great and enjoyable. Emma Stone, who plays main character, is just fabulous. The script and dialogues are real and interesting thanks to Bert V. Royal. The film was partially inspired by The Scarlet Letter (1850) and it refers to this story a couple of times.

Olive Penderghast, played by fabulous Emma Stone, lies to her best friend about sex with a handsome college guy. The rumour spreads around their school really fast and soon whole school knows how she has lost her virginity. The guys who she has never spoken before start noticing her. Suddenly, she becomes very popular.

Her gay friend Brandon asks her to pretend to sleep with him and soon other guys ask the same. Olive becomes a “dirty skank” and in order to embrace her new identity she stitches scarlet “A” (as in The Scarlet Letter) to all her clothes.

I am glad that I have watched this film. Before watching, I hesitated thinking that it will be some girly teen film with loads of drama. But, to my surprise, I have discovered such an incredible actress like Emma Stone. I have enjoyed her entire performance and I think I should give credits to film director as well.

You can watch this film with your teenage children. You will definitely enjoy it!

Reviewer’s rating: 8.0 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment